Viewers

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Growing Slipper Orchids - Part 3

Sharing of my experience in growing Slipper Orchids (Paphiopedilum)

Fertilizer
Now, am going to share a little more on how and when to apply fertilizer for our beloved paphs. For me, I don't use any organic fertilizer for my paphs, I used to apply organic type of fertilizer, however, it was just too strong for the plants. I tried to cut down the application, but it just didn't help much, instead, I killed some of my paphs after a few months in applying organic fertilizer.


In short, paphs do not require a lot of "vitamin", all they need are just very mild, for me, I would apply just simply 20% of the normal usage for other plants on weekly basis.


All purpose formula type of fertilizer is good enough (20-20-20).


To Be Continued...

1 comment:

  1. when will you write the Part-4? Waiting for that.

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete