Viewers

Monday, October 24, 2011

Paph henryanum

Paph henryanum



Am still trying to update as many blooming pixs as possible after being absence for about a month.(bear with me). Paph henryanum, a species found in the northern Vietnam and southern China (Yunnan). I used to keep smaller paphs in the past and henryanum was one of those that I bought in bulk.

I was not paying much attention to this species in the past as I was not sure if they will every spike or bloom in Singapore. Just left them at one corner, and would water them 2 or 3 times a week, but wasn't observing if they were really doing well or even budding.

I received an image (second pix)when I was away. It shocked me as I wasn't aware that they were spiking or budding at my place.

It was a surprised to me when I finally saw, not only one but many of them were in spike. They plants are very strong but some of the flowers are not as big as what I have seen before in the past. (could be that I was not feeding them enough fertilizer)

I will, for now on... take good care of them... ha ha.. I will feed them...


what is next to update? malipoense, fanaticum, maudiae..... but wait a moment, let me take some pixs first..

No comments:

Post a Comment