Viewers

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Blooms of Year 2009


Flowering Corner #1

As 2009 is coming closer to the end, I've also started to have a short recollection of my paph growing experience to wrap up the year. It seemed just like yesterday that that I had my Paph Virgo because it had never stopped flowering since the time I bought it in 2005.

The blossoming of Paph Virgo also marked my blossoming interest in paphs. Since then I have collected numerous Paphs and this experience has yielded many fruitful blooms though some paphs were rather slow to even flower after 4 years despite the growth of plentiful new sprouts and leaves. This is rather bewildering to me.

Bruno #1
 
I started 2009 on a happy note; my first 2009 bloom came rather in time for the New Year in early January. The New Year baby was from spicerianum (or rather babies as there were a few flowers from the 3 pots of paphs)! Without much of a time lapse, 2 pots of Paph Bruno added to my flora collection with 3 flowers if my memory did not fail me.


Bruno #2


March was the fabulous blossoming month for most of my Paphs - mystic Ilse, In-Charm Cloud, niveum and bellatulum, etc while the months of April and May were filled with Virgo, leucochilum and niveum. This season of "Spring" (usually this is the season of explosive blooms from flowering plants isn't it?) lasted from January till August as during the 3 months (June-August) my collection was filled with almost blooms from 80% of my leucochilum and niveum alba! The bedrooms and kitchen were amazingly transformed into stunning sights anyone can expect from a HDB flat!


Flowering Corner #2

"The pleasure of being in crowds is a mysterious expression of sensual joy in the multiplication of Number" Charles Baudelaire

Think my paphs really live by the quote above as Bruno, spicerianium and leucochilum, Belle Luxe and Muriel Constance all budded together in September. This "crowding phenomenon" did not cease as very quickly when we went into final season of the year, my Bella Luxe gently opened its petals and pouch to welcome her neighours' striking & colorful blooms - paph exul x Pinocchio, 2 bellatulams in sweet November.


In-Charm #1

 
In-Charm #2

Year 2010 is filled with even greater anticipation with my current 21 buds and counting! The list is growing and so far we have - Wössner Favourite, Chouyi Yuki, Sugar Suite, bellatulum alba, bellatulum, godefroyae alba, Enzan land, Lalita alba, Exul, Baroness Byford.


This Christmas I'm filled with paphs of love, peace and joy. Sabrina Eickhoff and one more bellatulum also joined in this joyous season.
I am looking forward to sharing more of my love with you in 2010...do you?

===Some 2009 Blooms===


Concolor


Maudiea


niveum


primunilum


spicerianium


concolor #2


Muriel Constance


Mystic Ilse


hanganium


===leucochilums===


#1


#2


#3


#4


#5



#6


#7


#8


#9

No comments:

Post a Comment