Viewers

Thursday, December 17, 2009

My Name is Bella


Pictures of Budding Bella

Hi, let me introduce myself. I am Bella.

I came to Singapore in June 2008 with my current owner. I was about 6 months old then.

It was interesting yet challenging learning how to adapt to the new environment, weather, watering system and high humidity in Singapore. It took me a good period of 3 months just to start getting used to all the changes but I am glad my owner understood my needs and made adjustments to my living conditions to make it more comfortable for my living.

I stayed in shady places and I am happy to enjoy light breeze most of the time in my owner’s place. My owner never failed in giving me adequate portion of vitamins and supplements weekly to build up my strength to grow new leaves and increase my immunity against illnesses. He also took extra care to drive away mealy bugs and spider mites that like to bite me! With all his care and efforts, a new shoot sprout out from my side (my sibling – Bella II ) 6 months after my arrival into this garden city. Bella II accompanied me for the next one year. I am much bigger and stronger now, and so is my sibling. We would want to thank our owner for all the tender, loving care he has shown to us during this 1.5 years. What’s the best way to thank our owner? Yes, we would like to show our gratitude by giving him many nice special blooms!

Just this month, I started to prepare a bloom for him. A small little “furry leaf” came out from my crown and deep inside this “furry leaf” lies one of the most beautiful bud. My flower bud is still quite petite perhaps it will take another month before my owner will be able to see it being my first bloom. Nevertheless, I promise I will thank my owner with a beautiful flower and I am certain sure my owner will share this joyous news of my first pretty bloom with all of you!

I am proud to say I am now 2 years old and Bella II just turned one. Oh BTW did I tell you my full name is bellatulum alba?

No comments:

Post a Comment