Viewers

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Nursing my bellatulum back to health

"Hello? Mr. A? I heard you have some bellatulums this week...can I pop by today to purchase them please?...oh last one left huh??? I better come down now, please wait for me OK?" This was the conversation I had with Mr. A 2 weeks ago. The ecstatic feeling of being able to have my 1st bellatulum drove me to the nursery by cab during the peak hour (the cab fare came up to $50 bux)! Hurriedly paid for the last bellatulum and a concolor before going back home.
When I returned home, I was sadden by the weak constitution of the paph. I know is not easy to grow this brachy due to its intricate cultivation requirements - large amount of diffused light, superb ventilation to prevent the roots from rotting and a good pot mix with some limestone grit. Daily without fail, I will take it out to my corridor to sun it for 2-3 hours before bringing it back to the kitchen for continuous breeze to promote airy ventilation. I've also repotted it with an open pot mix as A's moss pot is bad for its roots. I saw many mushy and damaged roots when I was repotting it. My heart really sank at the sight of the bad roots and for the 1st time, I felt like giving up...
Trying to nurse this paph back to health has been met with many disappointments....For the past 2 weeks, there are no signs of improvements but only deterioration.

Despite these setbacks, God gave me a huge consolation: A very sweet looking concolor!





-the Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment